PA Vehicle Information Access Rules
Standard 24 Hours $65.00
Rush Same Day $85.00 (Must be submitted by 2:00 PM)
Payment required before delivery of Information.
All registration information is obtained legally directly through Penn Dot in compliance. In some cases new registrations may not return a record, in this case you will not be charged. Best results if the registration is a least 12 months old.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING THE USE OF VEHICLE INFORMATION
• Vehicle record information is confidential and restricted information and the Requestor/End User is responsible for establishing procedures to protect the confidentiality of these records.
• Vehicle record information can only be used for the purpose stated in Section F.
• Vehicle record information cannot be sold, assigned, or otherwise transferred to any party, other than the End User.
• PennDOT retains exclusive ownership of all vehicle record information and the Requestor/End User shall not combine and/or link in with any other data on any database except as may be required by law.
• The vehicle record information cannot be used for direct mail advertising or any other type or types of mail or mailings.
• The vehicle record information cannot be disseminated or published on the Internet without the express written permission of PennDOT.
• PennDOT reserves the right to audit each request for vehicle record information. If the Requestor/End User is found to have requested vehicle record information for an unauthorized purpose, access to Pennsylvania vehicle record information will be terminated.
For use in the normal course of business by a legitimate business or its agents, employees, or contractors, but only:
a. to verify the accuracy of personal information submitted by the individual to the business or its agents, employees, or contractors; and
b. if such information as so submitted is not correct or is no longer correct, to obtain the correct information, but only for the purposes of preventing fraud by, pursuing legal remedies against, or recovering on a debt or security interest against, the individual.